Quietrevolution has developed an elegant and innovative vertical axis wind turbine. This cutting edge technology has been designed in response to the growing demand for renewable technologies and demonstrates that turbines can be elegant, quiet and a long-term, cost effective solution for generating energy.
The biggest single factor on energy production for any wind turbine is the available wind resource. Quietrevolution has invested considerable time and resource over the last few years to increasing the understanding of the complex nature of on-site small scale wind resource. quietrevolution is now recognised as an industry leader in methodologies for on-site wind prediction, especially where the wind environment is highly complex.
The Quietrevolution (QR) was designed in response to increasing demand for wind turbines that work well in environments close to people and buildings. The elegant helical (twisted) design of QR ensures a robust performance even in turbulent winds. It is also responsible for virtually eliminating noise and vibration. At five metres high and three metres in diameter, it is compact and easy to integrate, and with just one moving part, maintenance can be limited to an annual inspection.
Quietrevolution qr5 vertical axis wind turbine
When considering installing a turbine a customer should consider the following:
- Noise – qr industry leading noise levels. The aerodynamic helical blade design results in very smooth, quiet operation.
- Vibration – we have researched this issue in depth and deploy systems to reduce vibrations to levels that are not measurable within the building.
- Safety – we deploy a dual braking system and various sensors to detect faults / out of balance/ impact / vibration etc.
qr5 – At five metres high and three metres in diameter, it is compact and easy to integrate, and with just one moving part, maintenance can be limited to an annual inspection.
Three ‘S’ shaped blades are tapered to shed noise.
- The vertical axis is easy to integrate with existing masts and buildings.
- The helical (twisted) design captures turbulent winds and eliminates vibration.
- The blades, spars and torque tube are made of robust carbon fibre, and all moving parts are sealed to minimise maintenance.
- The direct drive in-line generator has auto-shutdown and peak power tracking and is incorporated into the mast.
Feed in Tariff
Feed-in-tariff gives you 3-way financial benefits:
- You are paid for every KWh of electricity that you produce and use.
- You are also paid for the amount of electricity you feed back into the national grid.
- You save on your energy bills.