Why choose HRV/MVHR?
Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV), also known as Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery (MVHR), is an energy recovery ventilation system. Our installations will where possible incorporate local materials, knowledge and trades to minimise embodied CO2. We promote local economy, support local people and preserve local skills within our community.
How does HRV/MVHR work?
The system is made up of a network of ducting connecting each room. From a single unit, air is extracted from the the wet rooms of the property while simultaneously drawing in fresh supply air from outside. This maintains stable humidity levels, providing an environment free from condensation and mould.
What are the benefits of HRV/MVHR?
There are a multitude of benefits to HRV:
• Provides fresh air and improved climate control
• Saves energy by reducing heating (and cooling)
• Removal of condensation and indoor pollutants, 365 days of the year
• A marked reduction in the carbon footprint of your property
• Fresh filtered air supplied to dwelling, which benefits those with allergies or asthma
• A balanced ventilation system for the whole house and recovering of heat that would have otherwise have been lost
• Low noise
• Up to 90% of heat recovered from the extracted stale air can be recovered and re-used.