SOKRATHERM COMBINED HEAT AND POWER
Cogeneration (cogen) through combined heat and power (CHP) is the simultaneous production of electricity with the recovery and utilisation heat. Cogeneration is a highly efficient form of energy conversion and it can achieve primary energy savings of approximately 40% by compared to the separate purchase of electricity from the national electricity grid and a gas boiler for onsite heating.
A combined heat and power system (CHP) unit is an efficient solution that generates heat and electricity. It comprises a gas-powered combustion engine and an generator which produces electricity and heat, which can be can be used for heating and powering buildings – imagine local generation of your own local electricity at a 1/3rd of the cost and a reduction in your heating costs.
We have adopted German-based Sokratherm, whom were officially awarded 2016 Clean Energy Award for Best gas CHP technology manufacturer by Global Energy News, to be our gas CHP supplier for the UK. The decision was simple. Sokratherm has been manufacturing class leading combined heat and power units since 1977 from their state of the art production facility in Germany. Sokratherm offers a wide product range of compact CHP units from 50kW to 550kW and has installed more than 1,500 CHP units, including military applications around the world.
- Excellent efficiency rate of up to 96% – which helps get the most from the energy contained in the fuel, minimising overall energy cost.
- Utilises a broad range of gases, natural, sewage gas or biogas
- Cost-efficient installation, and very compact design.
- Low integration cost due to the CHP integrated switchgear cabinet which minimises the onsite wiring, with triple vibration damping which often makes a costly baseplate obsolete.
- Outstanding sound insulation which allows for an installation of the CHP units also in sound sensitive buildings
- Constant, unattended operation by fully automatic CHP control system with remote monitoring and control
- Reliability and low operation and maintenance costs due to carefully selected serial parts from leading producers.
- Best protection of the environment with catalyst and self-calibrating lambda control for the gas engine operation in the lowest emission range.
YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM A SOKRATHERM GAS CHP UNIT IF;
- Your building has a high and continuous heat and power demand
- Your building has a constant high heat base load over the year
- Your business pays a climate change levy
- Your business is affected by the carbon reduction commitment
For more details download the Sokratherm 50 to 500kW data sheet.
For more information about the SOKRATHERM GAS CHP UNIT please contact us today.